Versailles Bike Tour with Palace & Queen Farm Entrance
- Explore the formal gardens and extensive grounds of the Palace of Versailles by bike
- Visit the farmers market in Versailles town to select fresh produce for a picnic lunch
- Skip the lines and see the opulent interior of the Palace of Versailles at your own pace
- Go to Marie-Antoinette’s private village and farm, hidden in the Royal Grounds
- Learn about the scandals that started the French Revolution
- Escape the crowds on a small group tour
- Marvel at the grandeur of the King's Apartments and Hall of Mirrors
Grand Trianon (visit)
le Petit Trianon (visit)
The Queen's Hamlet (visit)
Palace of Versailles (free time)
Following your transfer from Paris, start the day at the farmers market in the town of Versailles. Select the produce you want for a picnic lunch later in the day, choosing from the mounds of cheeses, fresh fruits, charcuterie, and more.
Then, it’s time to cycle the landscaped grounds of the Palace, cruising effortlessly from one picturesque spot to another on lightweight aluminium bikes. Your guide will take you to the outhouse chateaux of the Petit and Grand Trianon, and show you Marie-Antoinette’s private village and farm. Pedal through sumptuous landscapes, ending with a look inside the Chateau of Versailles itself.
Here, you will be given plenty of time to focus on what interests you most, using the audio guides to explore at your leisure. Feel free to take a rapid tour in 30 minutes, or loiter for 3 hours to marvel at the Hall of Mirrors, Marie-Antoinette's bedroom, the King’s Royal chambers, and more.
Learn about the life, legends, and scandals of the decadent Sun King (Louis XIV) and Marie Antoinette, and the resulting French Revolution that brought about the beheading of the French Royalty.
- Skip-the-line access to the Palace, both Trianon summer houses and Marie-Antoinette’s estate
- Train tickets to & from Versailles/Paris
- Bike rental
- Local guide
- Gloves and rain Ponchos
- Market purchases for lunch
Prepare for the activity
This is an outdoor activity and the tour runs rain or shine, please dress according to the weather: gloves and hats in winter.