From Paris: Fairytale Loire Castles, Wine Tasting, and Lunch
- See 3 fairytale Loire Valley castles in a day’s round trip from Paris, travelling in a comfortable private coach
- Visit the inspiration for the Beast’s castle in Disney’s animated classic ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Learn from your expert tour leader providing entertaining commentary
Château de Chambord
Castle Nitray (lunch, wine tasting)
Château de Chenonceau
A guided wine tasting and traditional three-course meal await you at a charming château. The family that owns this charming 15th-century castle will proudly present their wines and rural French dishes, before granting you the freedom of the estate for a while. The meal includes unlimited wine, but don’t over-indulge: you’ll want your senses sharp for the sights to come.
Last but not least is the elegant Château de Chenonceau. The chapel, bedrooms and magnificent vaulted kitchens are still furnished and decorated from times gone by, showing off the castle’s many sweeping stone carvings. Don’t miss the impressive main hall, which spans the river Cher, or the gardens cultivated by Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici – two of the famous owners that earned Chenonceau the nickname ‘the Ladies’ Château’. After a guided tour, you’ll have a choice: continue exploring, or indulge in a second wine tasting in the castle’s vaulted wine cellar.
Throughout the day, your expert, English-speaking tour leader will entertain you between stops with insights and stories about the countryside and the nobility who once reigned over the region.
Three uniquely beautiful castles, good food and wine, all amid the scenery of the Loire Valley: this tour is a feast for the senses.
- Entrance to Chateau Chambord
- Entrance and guided tour of Chateau Chenonceau
- Home-cooked lunch and guided wine tasting at a private estate
- Wines chosen from a Brut "Méthode traditionnelle," Sauvignon Blanc sec, "Les Meuriers" Rosé and Cabernet Rouge, Le Côt, Chenin Blanc (Moelleux 2009)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
At the entrance to the Catacombes de Paris. Your guide will have a sign to identify them. The closest metro Denfert-Rochereau (Line 4 or 6). Exit “Sortie 1” and the entrance to the Catacombs will be directly across the street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Lunch is made with local products and typically comprises fresh salad, chicken prepared Loire Valley style or vegetarian option, baked tomatoes with onions and oven roasted potatoes, assortment of local cheeses, dessert, espresso and local wines
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Gratuities for guides providing excellent service are appreciated but never obligatory.
• The tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be taken on the tour.