Skip-the-Line: Versailles Gardens & Palace Tour
From $72 per personBook now
- Admire the French Baroque style of the Royal Gardens of Versailles
- Skip the notoriously long lines waiting to enter the Palace of Versailles
- Keep your ticket for the Royal Gardens and enjoy a relaxing afternoon walk after your Palace visit
On this 4.5-hour tour you’ll take the train from the Pont de l’Alma RER C station in Paris at 09:00, travelling with your guide to Versailles.
Your tour will begin in the Royal Gardens, as you face the famous Grande Perspective, which is a prime example of French Baroque gardening style. Your guide will take you to see some of the most important groves and fountains, relating stories that will help give you a sense of royal life at the time.
On your journey through history, you’ll follow in the footsteps of Louis XIV as you take in the famous fountain show, and enjoy multiple photo ops.
After your visit to the Royal Gardens, follow your guide to the group entrance, where you’ll enter the Palace at a specific reserved-entry time without having to wait in the long lines. Once inside, you’ll just follow the steady stream of visitors to discover the world-famous rooms, including the Hall of Mirrors.
You’ll be given an audio guide beforehand, to use if you like, and your return train ticket to Paris, as you’ll be going back on your own.
The tour of the Royal Gardens lasts for around 1.5 hours, and the time spent in the Palace itself will depend on your interests and pace.
- Skip-the-line admission ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- RER round-trip train tickets between Paris and Versailles
- Versailles fountain display and/or musical garden show ticket
- Audio guide (inside the Palace)
- Expert guide
- Food and beverages (not allowed inside the Palace)
Pont de l'Alma RER C station (across from the Alma bridge, accessible from Metro line 9, Alma-Marceau station) The meeting point is outside the RER station. (Open in Google Maps)
• This tour is not recommended for those with heart conditions or other health issues that can be affected by hot weather and moderate physical effort as this activity involves being on your feet for moderate durations
• The tour is also not recommended for pregnant women
• The Gardens portion of the tour is not wheelchair-accessible
• Be sure to bring water and other necessities for being outside in hot weather, as it can get quite hot in the summer
• Departure is set for 09:00 sharp, and you will enter the Palace with your guide at 11:45
• There will be only 1 bathroom break before entering the Gardens. Please be aware of this, as the only other opportunity will be at 11:45 inside the Palace
Product ID: 54095