Skip the long lines to the Palace of Versailles, and discover the former residence of the French royals on a 7-hour tour from Paris. Immerse yourself in the opulence of the grand palace, and enjoy a choice of departure points from central Paris.
What to Expect
Venture into the grand ballrooms and state rooms of the Palace of Versailles on a full-day tour from Paris. Choose from one of 3 departure points in the French capital and transfer by comfortable coach.
Upon arrival at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed monument, journey back to the days pre-French Revolution and re-discover the opulence the French monarchy enjoyed before they were overthrown by the people. Go to the dazzling Hall of Mirrors, and the opulent State Apartments. Follow in the footsteps of Louis XIV ("The Sun King"), and stroll among gardens designed by André Le Notre at your own pace.
A trilingual host will escort you to the château, where an informative audio guide available in 11 languages delves deep into the heart of court life. Learn how the Palace of Versailles grew from a hunting lodge for Louis XIII before his son Louis XIV transformed and expanded it, moving the court and government of France to Versailles in 1682.
Look from the central window of the Hall of Mirrors to the Water Parterre on the horizon. On Tuesdays, and at weekends, your ticket includes the legendary musical fountains show. Watch as the water features light up in a dazzling spectacle to complete your day of Versailles excess!
Then, transfer back to Paris for a drop off on the Champs-Elysées/Etoile or at the Opéra House of Paris.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Tri-lingual tour host/escort
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach, with pick-ups from various points in Paris
- Audio guide (available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish and Mandarin Chinese)
- Musical Gardens and Fountain Show (included on Tuesdays and weekends)
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Gare du Nord, 83 Rue de Maubeuge (facing the bakery) at 10:10; or Opéra, 11 Avenue de L'Opéra (Big Bus Information Centre) at 10:30; or Champs-Elysées/Etoile, 2 Avenue Foch (next to the traffic lights) at 10:50
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation of your tour will be received at time of booking
• Please note that the musical gardens show is only available on Tuesdays. The fountains show is only available on Saturdays and Sundays
• This tour involves a moderate amount of walking. Due to uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• You are strongly advised not to wear high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
• Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
• Children must be accompanied by an adult