Skip the long lines to the Louvre Museum in Paris, and enjoy more time to see the masterpieces of art in one of the world’s greatest museums. Enjoy useful information about your visit and a short introduction to the Museum history thanks to your host.
What to Expect
Explore one of the world’s great art museums at your own pace with a skip-the-line ticket to the Louvre. Avoid the lengthy queues and hassle of ticket counters – simply meet your host at the meeting point and allow them to guide you past the lines for quick and easy access! They will give you all information required to plan your visit in the best way possible.
Once inside the historic palace on the Right Bank of the Seine, see the sights you want to see, such as the “Mona Lisa” and “Venus de Milo.” Discover masterpieces of the Renaissance and ancient Egyptian relics, along with paintings from the 13th to 20th centuries, prints from the Royal Collection, and much more.
The museum first opened on 10 August 1793 with an exhibition of just 537 paintings. Despite closing in 1796, due to structural problems, it reopened in 1801 as the Musée Napoléon with a larger collection. Many works were seized and returned to their original owners after the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo.
The collection was increased during the reign of Louis XVIII and Charles X, and during the Second French Empire the museum gained 20,000 pieces. Holdings have grown steadily since the Third Republic, and as of 2008, the collection is divided among 8 curatorial departments: Egyptian Antiquities; Near Eastern Antiquities; Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities; Islamic Art; Sculpture; Decorative Arts; Paintings; and Prints and Drawings.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Information booklet
- Unlimited time inside the Louvre
- Hosting service
What's Not Included
- Audio guide
Meet your guide at 2 place du Palais Royal, 75001, Paris, in front of the building " Le Louvre des Antiquaires", not at the Louvre. Your representatives will be waiting there wearing a blue jacket/red shirt with Paris Tour Guide's logo on the back.
Take Métro Line 1 or 7 to "Palais Royal Musée du Louvre"
What to Remember
• Please note that this is not a guided tour
• There may be a queue at the skip-the-line entrance, although this will be nothing compared to the regular entrance
• For combined tickets, please note that these visits do not have to be made on the same day; you can use each of your tickets on different days
• The operating times listed on this product refer to the tour office opening times where you can exchange your voucher for your tickets. It is important to know that these times do not refer to the opening hours of the Louvre and other attractions listed