Scoot along country roads en route to Versailles on a full-day tour by classic Vespa, and visit the chateau of Louis XIV. Tour the gardens and fountains. Go to the estate of Marie Antoinette, and see the king’s retreat of the Grand Trianon.
What to Expect
Ride classic-style Vespas to the Palace of Versailles and explore the flamboyant chateau of Louis XIV.
The 7.5-hour tour starts when your guide delivers your scooter to your Paris address. After completeing all tour formalities and getting an explanation of how your scooter works, set off through the Bois de Boulogne towards the River Seine.
Travel along the river bank, winding your way through some picturesque French towns, lakes and forests. Follow the Rue de Roi, the same route Louis XIV would have taken when traveling from Paris to Versailles.
Upon arrival at the Palace, park your Vespas in front of the Grille d’Honneur and follow your guide on a walking tour of the Place d’Armes, passing the Chateau to stop at The Orangerie, Fountains and Gardens of Versailles.
Climb back on your iconic scooters and drive through a secret entry into the grounds of Versailles. Explore about half of its immense 800 hectares, crusing past The Farm and up to the entrances of the Domain of Marie Antoinette and Grand Trianon, where the king would retreat to escape the strict étiquette of the Court.
- Vespa scooter
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 2 helmets
- Insurance for the scooter
- Top case to store your backpack and camera
- 2 sets of gloves
- 2 sets of wet weather gear (if needed)
- French TVA taxes
- Entry fees into the grounds of Versailles for the scooters
What's Not Included
- Entry to the Chateau of Versailles
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• To drive the Vespa 125cc the driver must be at least 20 years old and hold a valid motorcycle license
• To drive the Vespa S 50cc the driver needs to have good, recent experience driving scooters or motorbikes, be able to confidently drive it on busy streets and amongst traffic, be aged over 20 years, and hold a valid car license
• The driver must have a current driver's license and a credit card for the security deposit
• If you don't have experience driving a scooter or motorbike then check out private sidecar tours; these require no driver's license, credit card, or previous experience