Experience the medieval atmosphere of Nos Ancetres les Gaulois, a Parisian restaurant offering its guests a festive feast in a centuries-old setting. Dine at long tables near wood-burning fireplaces where the meats are grilled. Enjoy free-flowing wine!
What to Expect
Nos Ancêtres les Gaulois is a Parisian Institution where employees and patrons contribute to the conviviality in a festive and authentically medieval atmosphere, creating a unique and unforgettable experience.
During your 2 hours at the venue you’ll find yourself in a space where good humor reigns. You’ll be seated at the long rows of tables and embark on a sumptuous meal.
• Overflowing basket of crudités
• Generous selection of unlimited salads and dry sausages
• Meat grilled over a wood fire in large stone fireplaces (as you watch)
• Baked potato and seasonal vegetables
• Cheese platter (to share)
• Seasonal fruit basket
• Selection of home-made desserts
• Red wine from the barrel (ad libitum)
This all began in 1969 with a poetry and songs club that met in a medieval cellar. An idea followed to create an all-you-can-eat-and-drink formula for the guests.
With the growing success of the club, expansion ensued in order to adapt to the needs of its regulars and visitors. The 16th-century building is one of the oldest on the Ile-Saint-Louis.
Today, Nos Ancetres les Gaulois, where you still step in through the little door of 39 Rue Saint-Louis en l’Ile, stretches over 3 buildings and can seat 300 guests, in a labyrinth that features 7 different rooms.
The formula for the dining experience was an innovation: a crudités basket, a buffet where guests help themselves at will, meat grilled in a wood fireplace in front of the guests, a wine barrel, cheeses, and dessert, at an all-inclusive price. For 40 years, not a dinner has passed without a troubadour wandering among the tables with his guitar.
- Basket of crudités
- Selection of unlimited salads and dry sausages
- Meat grilled over a wood fire in large stone fireplaces
- Baked potato and seasonal vegetables
- Cheese platter (shared)
- Seasonal fruit basket
- Selection of home-made desserts
- Red wine from the barrel ad libitum
What's Not Included
- Mineral Water