Take a magical tour of the Palais Garnier. Fall under the spell of the enchanting story, The Secret Scent of the Opera, as told by Cécile Saglia, a former member of the corps de ballet. Marvel at this architectural masterpiece and its art.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 90-minute tour with Cécile Saglia, a former member of the corps de ballet who became an usher following a tragic fall from the Grand Staircase of the Opera Garnier. She will tell you the legendary story of Selma Dagelsson, a famous dancer from the 1930s.
The story that Cécile has decided to tell behind closed doors takes place in the Opera Garnier, deserted after closing time. You will have the charms and spells of this temple, with its red velvet curtains and unique scents, to guide you.
So what was the story of Selma Dagelsson? Find out by enjoying this captivating tale by Cécile, the voice and soul of the story, who teaches us how music and fragrances complement each other with their specific notes and tailored composition.
This is a timeless visit into the private life of the Opera Garnier.
- English or French guided tour of the Opera Garnier's public areas (including the Rotunda, Grand Escalier, Grand Foyer and lounges)
- Entry ticket (tour)
- Exclusive after-hours access from mid-September to mid-July
What's Not Included
- Access to Auditorium
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• This visit does not include access to the Auditorium
• For artistic or technical reasons, the tour itinerary could be modified on the day of the tour itself, if so instructed by the Opera Garnier, without this giving rise to a refund
• This tour is not available for children under 12 years
• The tour takes place after hours from mid-September to mid-July. During the other 2 months it takes place at 16:30, during Opera Garnier opening hours. The Opera Garnier is open to the general public until 17:30 from mid-July to mid-September
• Cancelation policy: At least 2 days before the date of the visit, a 100 per cent refund is issued; less than 2 days before the date of the visit, no refund is available