Experience a night of French theater, amongst the locals, at the prestigious Salle Gaveau. For the first time, Dickens’ timeless piece is performed in a French production. With the translated text projected above the stage, you’ll understand every word!
What to Expect
Meet your dedicated host upon arrival at the theater, who will welcome you and introduce you to the venue. Your seating for the performance will guarantee an unobstructed view of the English surtitles, which will be projected above the stage (that’s why they are called 'surtitles', and not 'subtitles'!). You will receive a printed program in English to read before the curtain rises.
Then, sit back and immerse yourself in the prestigious architecture of the Salle Gaveau, which is listed as a historical monument. Located just a stone’s throw away from the renowned Champs Élysées, it was built in 1907 and quickly became the most prominent music hall in Paris. From its inception, the venue has always been dedicated to classical and chamber music, and Oliver Twist is the first ever musical to take to its stage.
'Oliver Twist the Musical' represents the journey of a lifetime. Beginning at his birth, it follows Oliver as he overcomes one by one dangers, obstacles, and manipulative characters. With the strength of his dreams, he changes his destiny. This testament to classical literature takes us back to the heart of 19th century London, where the dancers seem to leap off the strings, the brass, and the drums of the orchestra.
This typically French theatrical experience will allow you to enjoy live theater during your stay in Paris and to overcome the language barrier - thanks to the help of English surtitles! The translation of the script into English has been done by bilingual theatre specialists to ensure that you benefit from the highest quality service. So, relax and enjoy everything from the comfort of your seat. After approximately two hours and 15 minutes (with an interval), your surtitled theater performance will come to an end, and you will have become a true Parisian for the night!
- Ticket for your chosen show (with English surtitles)
- Dedicated host on arrival
- Printed program in English
- Pre-show cultural presentation
- Best seats for comfortable reading of the surtitles
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
Salle Gaveau, 45-47 rue La Boétie, 75008 Paris
Know Before You Go
• The time indicated is for the 'Theater in Paris' welcome and pre-performance introduction. The performance starts 30 minutes later.
• For security reasons, guests are not permitted to enter the theater with suitcases and holdalls.
• Please indicate when booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
• Note that Parisian theaters are often old and there may not be as much space or leg room as you would expect in more modern venues.
• Once purchased, tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.