Learn all about the decades of construction of Notre Dame and the fire that almost destroyed centuries of history. Receive your tickets to the archaeological crypt of Paris and see the old city's foundations.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
If you are facing the crypt and Notre Dame, the meeting point is on the right side, next to the Statue of Charlemagne. For easy navigation, paste the following coordinates into Google Maps: 48.85315934616719, 2.3482103769428857. Your guide will be holding an orange sign that says “ExperienceFirst.”Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- On rare occasions, the Crypt can be closed for construction or maintenance. In this case, you will receive the outdoor guided walking tour only
- The tour will take place rain or shine
- This tour does not go inside Notre Dame. Nobody has been permitted to enter the cathedral since the tragic fire of 2019
- It is a 45-minute outdoor walking tour of the cathedral area, followed by entry to the crypt beneath it for a self-guided visit