Paris: Louvre, Notre Dame & Seine Cruise in 1 Day
From $108 per personBook now
- Explore the very best of the Louvre as a guide takes you past the long lines and straight to the masterpieces
- Discover the ancient island of Ile de la Cité, birthplace of Paris and home to her favourite church, Notre Dame
- End your day with a leisurely cruise down the Seine and admire the city’s sights from the water, including a breathtaking view of the Eiffel Tower
Begin your whirlwind tour at Paris’ most famous museum, the Louvre. Your guide has selected the highlights from this vast collection – 35,000 pieces are currently on display – and crafted a curated route that ensures you see the very best of the exhibits in just one and a half hours. Sail past the crowds with skip the line access and let your guide take you straight to instantly recognizable masterpieces such as the Winged Victory of Samothrace, the Venus de Milo, and of course, the Mona Lisa, and listen as they bring these iconic artworks to life with insightful and entertaining commentary. Your small group of 25 people or fewer will ensure you move swiftly from room to room, making the absolute most of your time while affording you the opportunity to ask your guide any questions you may have.
As your visit comes to an end, you’ll have some free time to let the anticipation build for your afternoon tour. The Louvre puts you in the perfect position to indulge in lunch in the Latin Quarter, famous for its bistros and lively atmosphere, or a stroll along the Left Bank, the bohemian heart of Paris and once home to luminaries such as Picasso and Hemingway.
Then, it’s time to meet your guide for your afternoon tour of the Ile de la Cité, the ancient island where the city of Paris was first founded and the seat of its most famous church, Notre Dame. Do as millions of Parisians have done before you and stand before this Gothic masterpiece, deciphering the visual morality tale engraved into its facade – with the help of your guide, of course – before entering and marveling at original features such as the 13th century stained glass windows. Your expert guide will entertain you with the intriguing history of this Parisian icon, from her construction through surviving the French revolution, as well as pointing out the treasure she has guarded for many years.
Having explored Paris on foot, it’s now time to discover it from by boat! With your pre-booked ticket there’s no need to wait in any lines – board your evening cruise and float down the Seine, sailing under some of Paris’ most famous bridges and admiring the sights that crowd the river banks. Watch in awe as the Eiffel Tower comes into view and see it in a completely new perspective from the water, allowing you to capture the perfect photographic memory from your day in Paris.
- Guided visit of the Louvre
- Guided visit of Notre Dame & Ile de la Cité
- Boat cruise on the river Seine
- All entrance tickets and reservation fees
- Expert, English-speaking tour guides
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transfers between tours
First Part: Louvre Arc du Carrousel, Your guide will meet you at the Arc du Carrousel. This is a monumental arch with a horse-drawn chariot on top, situated across the road from the courtyard of the Louvre. Standing with your back to the entrance of the Louvre Museum and Pyramid, you will see it across the road, past the roundabout, before the entrance to the Tuileries Garden (Jardin du Tuileries). GPS Coordinates: 48.861694, 2.332944 Second Part: Notre Dame Cathedral Statue of Henri IV on Pont Neuf, in the middle of Pont Neuf- at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of Paris. The statue is of a man on a horse sitting in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite (4) GPS Coordinates: 48.857132, 2.340991 Third Part: River Cruise: Vedettes de Paris at Pont Marie
• Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. The operator cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
• Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the Louvre. and Notre Dame cathedral.
• Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
Product ID: 71157