Skip the line to the Paris Catacombs and discover a darker side to the “City of Lights.” Descend beneath the streets of Paris and listen to the commentary from your informative audio guide, available in 4 languages.
What to Expect
Discover a world beneath the streets of Paris and see tunnels and rooms decorated with the human bones and skulls of around 6 million Parisians.
Avoid lengthy queues and the hassle of ticket counters – simply show your voucher at the newspaper kiosk adjacent to the entrance to collect your ticket. You will be then able to walk straight inside after a security check.
Explore a darker side to the “City of Lights” as you walk through tunnels dug out in the Middle Ages. The Paris Catacombs were originally a quarry with hundreds of kilometers of tunnels burrowed beneath the streets of Paris. When the cemeteries of Paris became overfilled, the city started moving the dead into the Catacombs. To enable you to discover works from the site for yourself, audio guides available in French, English, German and Spanish are provided.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Paris Catacombs
- Entry fee
- Audio guide (available in English, French, German or Spanish)
Redeem your voucher at the tobacco shop "Le Tabac du Lion," located at 5 Avenue du Général Leclerc, right next to the McDonalds.
Know Before You Go
• You will have to climb down and back up 130 steps and walk about 2 kilometers underground during this tour
• There are no elevators, no bathrooms and no lockers
• This tour is not recommended for people with heart or breathing conditions or for children under the age of 10
• Please note that this is not a guided tour; you will receive an audio guide providing you with information
• There may be a queue at the skip-the-line entrance, however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
• The catacombs are open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 8.30pm. The site is closed on Mondays
• Be aware that it is always around 14°C (57°F) in the Catacombs, so please dress accordingly
• Please note that your ticket is not refundable