Versailles Palace and Gardens Full Access Day Passes
- Enjoy full access to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles for 1 or 2 days
- Learn more about the "Sun King" and other legends of the French Monarchy thanks to your audio guide
- Take a stroll through the formal and informal gardens (on dates when the Fountain Show is unavailable)
- Visit the private estate of Marie Antoinette
- Watch the fountains light up to the sound of music (optional)
- Stroll through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge there in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678–1715). Your 1 or 2-day full access pass allows you to visit the State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court as you take a walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors. Stroll through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and admire fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
You will also enjoy access to the Grand and Petit Trianon in their own grounds. See where the “Sun King” would entertain in private, and where he would go to escape the rigors of court life. Then, go to Marie Antoinette’s Estate, and discover where she would seek refuge in private.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace, avoiding the ticket purchase lines
- Access to the Grand Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the King’s Chamber, the Queen’s Chamber and the Apartments of Mesdames
- Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens on dates when the Fountain Show is unavailable
- Audio guide (available in 11 languages)
- Food and drinks
No need to go to the cashier, present your voucher directly at the Palace entrance. Arrive early as there can be some waiting time at the security check during high season. Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles (Open in Google Maps)
• Please note that the Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and for European Union citizen under 25 years old. On both cases a valid form of identification will be asked.
• Please note that the gardens are not accessible on the following dates: Tuesdays between 31 March and 27 October; weekends between 28 March and 1 November; and 3 April, 8 May, 14 May, and 14th July, due to the Fountain Show
• There is an additional fee to access the gardens for the dates with the Fountain Show. Please check the different product options and book accordingly
• Arrive early to avoid the crowds! In high season, the Palace of Versailles can be very crowded in the morning; stroll around the gardens first, and then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon when the sunlight is the most
Product ID: 59565