Palace of Versailles: Entry Ticket with Audio GuideProduct ID: 59528
- Skip the cashier line to the Palace of Versailles
- Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy, such as the legendary "Sun King" thanks to your audio guide (available in 11 languages)
- Walk through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
- Discover formal and informal gardens in the palatial grounds (only on certain days during high season)
Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678–1715). Your ticket allows you access to the ornate State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court, and walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors.
Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy, up to the French Revolution when the royal family was forced to return to Paris in October 1789. Take a walk through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and marvel at fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens (only when there is no Fountain show, please check the "additional Information" field)
- Audio guide (available in 11 languages)
- Entrance to the Palace of Versailles gardens on Grandes Eaux Spectacles days
- Entrance to the Trianon
- Entrance to Marie Antoinette's Estate
No need to go to the cashier, present your voucher directly at the Palace entrance. There can be some waiting time at the security check during high season. Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles (Open in Google Maps)
• The Palace entrance is free for children under 18 years old, and for European Union citizen under 25 years old. On both cases a valid form of identification will be asked.
• Arrive early to avoid the crowds! In high season, the Palace of Versailles can be very crowded in the morning; stroll around the gardens first, and then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon when the sunlight is at it's most beautiful
• The gardens are not accessible on the following dates: Tuesdays between 31 March and 27 October; weekends between 28 March and 1 November; and 3 April, 8 May, 14 May, and 14th July, due to the Fountains show.
• To access the gardens during those days, you will have to pay an additional fee of EUR 9. You can also book the "Versailles Palace and Garden Full Access Day with Fountain Show" product
Product ID: 59528