Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches Full-Day Tour from Paris
- Travel through the beautiful Norman countryside to the landing beaches of World War II
- Visit the Utah Beach Museum, located in an original German bunker
- Go to Pointe du Hoc to learn how US Rangers captured it from the Nazis
- Pay your respects to the fallen American military at the Colleville-sur-Mer cemetery
- Enjoy a typical Norman-style lunch of seasonal ingredients
- Taste the typical ciders and apple brandy of the region
The tour departs Paris for the historical battlefields and leanding beaches along the coast, including the Utah Beach Museum, housed in an original German bunker on the very beach where the first American troops landed. Learn about the complicated planning behind Operation Overlord, and hear touching stories of ordinary men and women whose actions shaped the face of Europe as we know it today. The museum also offers unparalleled views over Utah Beach and is home to one of the only remaining B-26 airplanes in the world.
Stop at a traditional cider-making orchard, and taste the ciders and Calvados (apple brandy) typical to the region in a 17th-century barn. Next, enjoy a Norman-style lunch of freshly prepared seasonal produce in a restaurant overlooking the port of Grandcamp Maisy.
After lunch, travel to Pointe du Hoc to see the German cliff-top defense that was heroically taken by US Rangers during the D-Day landings. Overlooking the English Channel, the site remains much as it was over half a century ago, with original German fortifications and the crater scars of bombs.
Pay your respects to the fallen at the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer, located on a bluff overlooking Omaha Beach. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of President Roosevelt, and a Medal of Honor recipient, is buried here, along with almost 10,000 soldiers.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees for all sites visited
- Transfers by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (including 1 glass of cider)
- Calvados and cider tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Extra beverages at lunch
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide on the steps of the Palais de Chaillot at the Trocadero. The nearest Metro station is Trocadero (Lines 9 or 6). Follow the exit signs to the Eiffel Tower. As you leave the station from Exit 1, you will see the Palais de Chaillot directly in front of you on the left. Your guide will be holding a sign. For taxi transfers, ask your driver to drop you in front of the Palais de Chaillot, one of the 2 identical buildings on Place du Trocadero. GPS co-ordinates: 2°17'16"E, 48°51'44"N.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Please note that some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Please bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather. The beach sites are often windy so a light sweater is also recommended
• Regretably, guests with wheelchairs, or any impairments requiring special assistance, cannot be accommodated. Strollers and/or baby carriages are also not permitted
• Tours operate in small groups of 25 people or fewer