Skip the long lines to the Louvre Museum in Paris, and enjoy more time to see the artistic masterpieces in one of the world’s greatest museums.
What to Expect
Explore one of the world’s best art museums at your own pace with a skip-the-line ticket to the Louvre. Avoid lengthy queues and the hassle of ticket counters – simply show your voucher at the newspaper kiosk adjacent to the museum entrance to collect your ticket. You will be then able to walk straight inside, after a security check.
Once inside the historic palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine, see unmissable and iconic sights such as the “Mona Lisa” and “Venus de Milo.” Discover masterpieces of the Renaissance and ancient Egyptian relics, along with paintings from the 13th to 20th centuries, prints from the Royal Collection, and much more.
The museum first opened on 10 August 1793 with an exhibition of just 537 paintings. Despite closing in 1796, due to structural problems, it reopened in 1801 as the Musée Napoléon with a larger collection. Many works were seized and returned to their original owners after the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo.
The collection was increased during the reign of Louis XVIII and Charles X, and during the Second French Empire the museum gained 20,000 pieces. Holdings have grown steadily since the Third Republic, and as of 2008, the collection is divided among 8 curatorial departments: Egyptian Antiquities; Near Eastern Antiquities; Greek, Etruscan, and Roman Antiquities; Islamic Art; Sculpture; Decorative Arts; Paintings; and Prints and Drawings.
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Louvre Museum
- Full access to the permanent collection and all temporary exhibitions
- Unlimited time inside the museum for the whole day (you may go in and out as you wish)
- Fast and easy ticket collecting next to the museum entrance
What's Not Included
- Audio guide
- Skipping security check: due to safety measures, all visitors have to comply to security check
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Show your voucher at the newspaper stand ("kiosk"), on the South-West corner of the square "Place du Palais Royal," in front of the "Marionnaud" shop.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• There may be a queue at the skip-the-line entrance, however this will be much shorter than at the standard entrance
• Persons under 18 and EU residents under 26 get in free with valid ID
• The museum is closed on Tuesdays
• A booking fee of EUR 4.50 is included in the price of your ticket
• After your booking, you will receive a GetYourGuide voucher via mail. Exchange this voucher at the designated collecting point next to the museum entrance to reserve your official paper ticket
• If you wish to visit the museum on Sunday, you will need to redeeem your voucher another day of the week, as the kiosk that distributes the tickets is closed on Sundays. Once you have received your Museum ticket at the kiosk, you can use it on your day of choice
• The museum entrance is free for everyone every first Sunday of the month and the 14th of July
• Please note that according to Louvre terms and conditions, you can't book this option for more than 6 people