Discover the wonders of the Loire Valley with this Wineries & Castles full-day tour from Paris. Visit the Chateau of Chambord, have lunch at a family-run winery of the Touraine Wine region, and visit a second winery with a tasting of delicious wines!
What to Expect
Want to discover magnificent Renaissance Castles and taste delicious wines from the Loire Valley? At the end of this 11-hour wine & culture day tour, you will have fallen in love not only with Chambord's impressive architecture, but also with the diversity of Loire Valley wines.
After an early morning hotel pick-up in Paris, travel in a comfortable minivan approx. 2h south of the city in direction of Chambord Castle. On your way, enjoy flaky croissants while your guide tells you about the winemaking region of Loire and its heritage.
In the morning, visit the Château of Chambord with an audioguided tour. Come away knowing the secrets behind this splendid Castle constructed by King Francis I of France in the early 16th century. Back in the minivan, pass through the vineyards of Touraine, Vouvray, and Montlouis-sur-Loire. Admire the colorful landscapes of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Cabernet Franc grapes.
Sit at a winegrower’s table in a Vouvray winery. Meet the winemaker and enjoy a delicious meal with traditional food and a wine tasting.
After lunch, discover another family-run winery and taste sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, and red and rosé wines (the type of wine depends on the winery visited). Here, you’ll get to taste authentic Loire Valley wines largely unavailable in the rest of the world.
You’ll be dropped off back at your hotel or in central Paris in the evening.
- Visit of two wineries, followed by a wine-tasting
- Lunch at a winegrower's
- Entrance fees for an audioguided tour at Chambord Castle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan, pick-up and drop off in your hotel if located in central Paris
- English speaking driver guide sharing knowledge and fun facts
Hotel if in central Paris, otherwise we'll find a convenient meeting point for you.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please advise on any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible. There are lots of stairs to access the underground galleries
• Caves and wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you