King and Queen for a day, Versailles Family Tour
From $85 per personBook now
- Discover the spectacular Palace of Versailles on a tour like no other, with an itinerary specially designed for families
- Learn about the opulent rooms and extravagant gardens with insightful commentary that’s interesting for both children and parents alike
- Enjoy a vivid retelling of the rise – and fall – of the French Monarchy, imaginatively brought to life for the whole family
Life in the Palace is brought alive as your guide skilfully combines their commentary with activity materials exclusively designed for this tour, ensuring that children have a fully immersive Royal experience. However, parents will also benefit from the tour, as your guide is a fully licensed guiding professional, expertly versed in all aspects of Versailles and ready to answer any questions you may have. Your guided visit covers all of the most famous of Versailles’ 2,300 rooms – the iconic Hall of Mirrors, the lavish State Apartments, as well as the manicured gardens. Your tour will take you and your small explorers on a journey from the pinnacle of royal power to its tragic demise at the hands of the French Revolution. Your adventure comes to an end in the gardens, where your guide will lead you through the story of the ornate fountains and lush greenery, before leaving you to enjoy a leisurely stroll by yourself – as the royals once did – before you return to your coach and present-day Paris.
Join City Wonders on this dedicated family visit of Versailles, and let your children’s imagination soar as they become King and Queen for a day.
- Guided visit of the Palace and gardens of Versailles
- Round trip transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- All entrance tickets and reservation fees
- Skip-the-line access to the Palace
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 20 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
It is in front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot, 1 Place du Trocadero et du 11 novembre, 75016 Paris. The building is at the junction of the Place du Trocadero and the Avenue du President Wilson, the entrance faces the road side. Arriving by metro: Take lines 9 or 6 and get off at the metro stop Trocadero. Follow the exit signs to the Eiffel Tower (the signs are brown). The exit is number 1. As you exit the metro you will see the Palais de Chaillot directly on your left. Your guide will be waiting just outside the metro exit holding a sign. Arriving by taxi: Ask your driver to take you to the Trocadero and then ask to be dropped in front of the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot Arriving by foot: The Palais de Chaillot is the large building on the Place du Trocadero. The Architecture Museum is in the building on the left. The building faces the road and the main entrance is on the road side.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
• The tour operator regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, as well as strollers or baby carriages
• Photography is permitted throughout the tour (no flash inside the Palace)
Product ID: 71183