Paris: 2-Hour Hidden Montmartre Artists' Quarters Tour
From $32 per personBook now
- Discover the secret side of Montmartre with a local guide
- Go to one of the loveliest vineyards in Paris
- Enjoy breathtaking views from the Sacre-Coeur
- Watch the pavement artists of Place du Tertre
- Visit location sites from the hit 2001 movie "Amélie"
Follow your local guide to little known nooks and crannies, and escape the crowds of the more obvious sights. Explore the Montmartre of Picasso, Modigliani, and Utrillo. Discover where they lived and found inspiration, whether through drink, dance, decadence, or debauchery.
Go to places where priceless works of art were exchanged in return for food and art supplies, helping the “starving artists” start their careers. Dive down narrow alleys unnoticed by casual travelers. Walk the cobblestone streets to quiet squares. Listen to stories about Montmartre and its famous inhabitants, and stop to take photos of the last remaining windmills of the Moulin de la Galette and Moulin Rouge. Pass tiny cabarets and iconic restaurants that undoubtedly inspired an artist or two.
Watch the pavement artists of Place du Tertre, and admire the white marble façade of the Sacré-Coeur dominating the hilltop. Enjoy sweeping views of the city from outside the Sacré-Coeur. Then, go to various locations where the breakout movie “Amélie” was filmed, including the café where Amélie Poulain worked.
Next, go to Clos Montmartre to discover the most beautiful vineyard in Paris, where wine has been made for centuries (and continues to be in the local Town Hall). Listen enrapt as Montmartre is brought to life by your passionate guide, and hear new and novel details not known by many.
- Guided tour of Montmartre
- Local guide
- Headsets where appropriate so that you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meeting point until the 9th November 2016: Meet your guide at the entrance/exit to Lamarck Caulaincourt Metro Station (Line 12). Arriving by metro: Exit the metro station via the only exit. Your guide will be waiting directly outside the exit. Meeting point from 1st April 2017: Your guide will meet you at the entrance/exit to Blanche metro. This station is serviced by Line 2. Arriving by metro: Exit the metro into the street. There is only one exit. Your guide will be waiting for you directly outside the exit. (Open in Google Maps)
• Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted
• Please note that some sites you will visit lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. Please bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather
• This is a physically challenging tour that involves a considerable amount of walking, hills and stairs. For this reason, this tour is not recommended for customers with health conditions
• Please wear comfortable shoes
Product ID: 56559