Giverny & Monet's Garden by Train
- Take the train to Giverny on a round-trip ticket from Paris
- Visit Monet's House and Gardens
- Explore the gardens that inspired the French Impressionist painter
On this full-day excursion you’ll travel to Giverny by train, round-trip from Paris.
The garden itself comprises a flower garden in front of the house and the more famous water gardens across the road. Monet began work on the water gardens about 10 years after arriving in Giverny.
Interestingly locals were originally opposed to his plans to build water gardens, fearful that the strange plants would poison the water of the tributary feeding the ponds.
The flower gardens cover about a hectare and are laid out in color-themed borders. There are literally thousands of flowers in these gardens including masses of tulips, irises, oriental poppies and peonies, all with the wonderful colors that inspired Monet's paintings.
The water gardens have a Japanese theme and include a replica of the Japanese bridge which featured in Monet's well-known painting.
In addition to the gardens you’ll be able to visit Monet’s lovely and very colorful house.
- Admission to Monet's House and Gardens
- Round-trip train ticket from Paris
- Shuttle from Vernon to Giverny
- Admission to the American Museum of Art (across the street from Monet's Gardens)
- Transfers to and from your hotel
Prepare for the activity
Please note that your GetYourGuide voucher will not be accepted. You will receive all tickets by email prior to your departure. Train departs at Gare St Lazare, 13 Rue d'Amsterdam, 75008 Paris.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The local partner will send you your train tickets (round-trip from Paris to Vernon - Giverny) by email 24-hours before the trip. Please check your spam or contact the supplier if you do not receive the email
• After receiving the email, please confirm with the local partner
• Parts of this tour take place outside, so please wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable and weather appropriate
• Please note that lunch is not included on the tour
• The local partner reserves the right to cancel in case of public transport interruptions/strikes
• Rescheduling is not possible
• The gardens are wheelchair and stroller accessible, but the house is not
• Service animals are permitted