Take a day tour to discover the champagne region! Guided by a wine expert, visit and taste in a world famous champagne estate, enjoy a food & champagne pairing meal in a family-run winery, visit Dom Perignon’s grave and meet a local winemaker!
What to Expect
Tour starts at your central Paris hotel or in a central Paris meeting point. Your driver guide will pick you up in a cozy air-conditioned minivan at around 7.30 am. Enjoy tasty croissants on the way to Champagne, while your guide tells you all you need to know about the sparkling universe of champagne!
Once you arrive in Champagne, you'll start your day with a visit to a very prestigious Estate (Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Mercier etc. depending on supplier availability). Discover never-ending galleries filled with bottles and of course, finish the guided-tour with a tasting.
Next stop is for lunch in a family-run champagne House. You will have the chance to taste several glasses of champagne and ratafias (another local wine), paired with local food. Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Noirs, Champagne Rosé… what would you pair them with?
After lunch, enjoy a digestive tour through the vineyard of the Côte des Blancs and Vallée de la Marne. Learn the characteristics of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, and enjoy amazing views over the vineyard. Get ready to take some pictures! Your guide will drive you to Hautvillers, a typical French village, home of the legendary Dom Perignon.
Last but not least, visit another family-run winery where you will learn the art of sabrage or disgorgement “à la volée” (a technique for opening a champagne bottle), depending on availability. Taste several delicious champagnes before heading back to Paris.
- Visit to 3 Champagne Houses, each of them followed by a tasting
- Champagne and food pairing lunch
- Transport from Paris (your hotel if centrally located or from a meeting point) in an air-conditioned comfortable minivan (8 passengers max)
- English-speaking driver guide sharing knowledge and anecdotes
Know Before You Go
• Please advise on any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements • In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible. There are lots of stairs to access the underground galleries
• Caves and wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you