Learn classic French cooking techniques at a 5-hour cooking class in the Latin Quarter of Paris, using fresh produce from the local market to turn into a memorable 4-course meal cooked by you! Enjoy a glass of wine, or two, along the way.
What to Expect
Discover some of the secrets to French cuisine at a small group cooking class in Paris. Held in the Latin Quarter, the class is typically limited to between 3 and 7 people to keep things intimate and personal.
You wlll be welcomed at 10:30 once your hosts have returned from a local market armed with fresh produce for you to cook. Head to the kitchen and start building a menu based on what ingredients were available. This will include an appetizer, main course, and dessert using classic French techniques, such as ice cream and wine sauce.
Learn how to plan a meal, and what can be prepared in advance. In total you will learn about 6-8 different techniques.
After about 2 hours of cooking - fortified with a glass of wine or 2 - it’s time to enjoy a delicious meal, paired with red and white wines and generous servings of cheese. Sitting in the beautiful setting, you will be joined by a native Frenchman whose complete mastery of the English language will help him share stories about French food and culture.
Lunch typically finishes at around 15:00 - but nobody will be rushing you out the door!
- A hard copy and an electronic copy of all recipes in English
- A 4-course meal, including cheeses, and red and white wines
- Use of all cooking equipment and an apron
What to Remember
• Regretably, children under 10 years of age are not permitted to take the cooking class
• If you are a family group with multiple children, please advise in advance for the best solution for you
• The local supplier reserves the right to cancel the class if only 2 people or less have signed up for the tour. You will be offered an alternative date or a full refund if you prefer
• Please advise of any dietary restrictions at least 24 hours prior to the class