Empire of Death Paris Catacombs Private Tour
From $370 Per group up to 4Book now
- Avoid the lines on your own private tour of the Catacombs
- Descend to Paris' ancient underground cemetery where over 6 million citizens were buried
- Explore galleries of skeletons and see walls made of human bones
- Learn about the chilling history behind Paris' extensive underground tombs
Originally built as limestone quarries, the Paris catacombs started being used as a burial ground in the mid 1700s. Paris' cemeteries were overcrowded, and millions of bodies were transferred to the catacombs. In order to maximize the storage space under ground, the exhumed bodies were simply stacked on top of one another, creating miles of walls made from human bones.
Your private guide will take you deep into these tunnels under Paris, where you'll learn about the disturbing and extraordinary history of the mass underground tomb. As you explore galleries of skeletons, your guide will tell you chilling stories and legends about the 6 million French citizens whose remains are scattered here.
- English or French-speaking private guide
- Entry tickets (€12 per person)
Your tour's meeting point is located near the entrance of the Paris Catacombs. Exact details are provided upon your tour booking, including a detailed map and photo of your tour's meeting point.
Product ID: 12440