Paris Marais Half-Day TourProduct ID: 19889
From US$53.39 per personBook now
- Explore old-world charm of an historic neigborhood in modern-day Paris
- Visit the Place de la Bastille, Hotel Carnavalet, Place des Vosges, and more
- Discover the modern art museum of the Centre Pompidou, as well as lesser known art galleries
- Wander down the quaint cobbled streets of Le Marais
- Go to the Yvon Lambert Gallery, home to some of the world's most cutting-edge art
Le Marais has already undergone two transformations since its 12th century origins. The first occurred in the 16th century under King Louis XIII; and the second continues today! While most of Paris was demolished under Napoleon, the Marais preserved much of its and Medieval and Renaissance architecture.
The tour gives you a glimpse into all this, and more. You will discover where the French Revolution was born at the Place de la Bastille, and stop at the Colonne de Juillet, a memorial that honors the victims of that fateful July revolution. In contrast, visit the decidedly modern Picasso Museum and Centre Pompidou, the arts complex that Parisians love to hate. End your tour at the Yvon Lambert Gallery, home to some of the world's most cutting-edge art, and stroll down Rue des Rosiers, one of the best preserved streets in all of the Marais.
- Guided tour of Le Marais
The centrally located meeting point is near the Tour St. Jacques - convenient to the Metro and most attractions. Your exact meeting point will be provided in your confirmation email, sent upon booking. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 19889