Stroll down the stunningly beautiful, pedestrianized streets of Paraty to admire colorful colonial architecture. Walk down streets lined with painted houses, baroque churches, and museums, and learn about the city’s rich history.
What to Expect
Enjoy a bilingual 2-hour walking tour of the UNESCO town of Paraty and get a taste of its rich history, dating back to the 1500s.
Stroll along pedestrian-only streets, past unique architecture that includes charming painted houses and the baroque churches of the Capela de Santa Rita, Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário e São Benedito, Igreja Matriz Nossa Senhora do Remédios, and Capela de Nossa Senhora das Dores.
The area is a Brazil National Historic Monument and a UNESCO World History Patrimony Site, with 65 percent located within the boundaries of the Serra da Bocaina National Park. An expert bilingual guide will provide you with a detailed commentary about Paraty’s past, from its foundation by Portuguese colonizers in 1667, through its role as an export port for gold, to today’s thriving tourism industry.
- Round-trip transfer from most Paraty area hotels
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English/Portuguese or Portuguese/Spanish)
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Senhora das Dores Church entrance fee (approximately USD 1.80)
- Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Church entrance fee (approximately USD 1.80)
- Do Rosário Church entrance fee (approximately USD 1.80)
- Casa da Cultura (Culture House) entrance fee (approximately USD 1.80)
Your exact pick-up location and time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Your exact departure time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour. All bookings must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the activity date.