Head out from Panama City to Gatun Dam on a full-day journey. Go kayaking on the Chagres River, paddling through the tropical forest to the Caribbean Ocean. Paddle down the Panama Canal, stopping to let huge ships pass through on their way to the Orient.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Starting time 7:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Paddle through the dense forest in expedition kayaks
- Pass through Panama Canal Gatun Locks and Gatun Dam via car
- See Fort San Lorenzo, the largest fortification built in Panama
- All mentioned transportation
- Expedition kayaks and gear
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Change of clothes
Know before you go
- Anyone between 12 and 70, in good health, can participate. Minors must travel with a responsible adult.
- Bring along a pair of shorts for navigating, sneakers or strapped sandals, a cap, sun block, a light jacket or windbreaker (in case of rain), a towel, and a dry set of clothes for the trip back.
- Do not bring along any object than can be damaged by water or valuables like jewels, cash, credit cards, etc.
- Your guide is trained in kayak navigation skills, first-aid, and CPR.