Palm Springs: Indian Canyons Hiking Tour by Jeep
- Learn about the historic culture of the Cahuilla Indians
- Discover and walk amongst stunning rock formations
- See one of the largest natural palm oases in North America
- Embark on a tranquil 1-mile hike with your naturalist tour guide
Embark on a guided 1-mile hike on a peaceful trail up Andreas Canyon that winds along a beautiful stream of cascading waters shaded by a canopy of California Fan Palms. Discover ancient bedrock mortars and an array of desert flora. Once you reach the top of the trail, enjoy a breathtaking view of the steep cliff walls on the opposite side.
Enjoy a short walk to a hidden water cave where the water flows most of the year. At the end of your adventure, relax, refresh, and shop for unique gifts and souvenirs at the Indian Trading Post which features Indian art and artifacts, books, jewelry, pottery, baskets, weavings, and more.
- Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Palm Springs City, subject to availability
- Narrated 4WD tour
- Guided hike
- Entrance fee to the Indian Canyons
- Pickup and drop-off from Rancho Mirage, which is available at an additional charge of $25 per 4WD
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
At the sightseeing tour loading zone in front of the Welwood Murray Memorial Library, 100 S Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262. The loading zone is on E. Tahquitz Canyon Drive right in front of the library. Free parking is available 2 blocks South on W. Baristo Road between Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Canyon Drive. There is also unlimited free street parking 1 block North of E. Tahquitz Canyon Drive on N. Indian Canyon Drive (North of E. Andreas Road).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• You must provide a car safety seat for children under 8 years old and under 4' 9"
• There is a minimum number of 2 people required for the tour to operate
• It is recommended to consult with your doctor before booking a 4WD tour if you have neck or back problems, serious injuries, or are pregnant