Palermo 3-Hour Street Food and History Walking Tour
From $39 per personBook now
- Sample a selection of street food products in Palermo’s markets
- Enjoy a walk through central Palermo and admire the historic façades along the old Cassaro
- Learn about local culture, history, and food traditions from your guide
Browse the street markets that are a true mix of culture, customs, and food traditions. Ballarò and Vucciria markets, for example, are the oldest and most popular in Palermo.
The walk will also provide an opportunity to taste some specialties of Palermo. Some of the particular tastes of street food you might enjoy include sfincione (dough topped with onion, cheese, bread crumbs, tomato, and oregano), meusa (bovine spleen), panelle (fried chickpea flour), crocché (potato croquettes), arancine (rice croquettes stuffed with meat or butter), and cakes.
- 4 street food tastings
- Dessert tasting (cannoli, granita, or ice cream)
- 1 drink (a beer, a glass of wine, or a bottle of water)
- Tour guide
- Museum admission fees
Piazza Olivella, in front of the entrance of the Salinas Archeological Museum, 100 meters from the Massimo Theater. For cruise passengers, in front of the IBIS Hotel, 100 meters just outside the port. (Open in Google Maps)
• You should bring sunglasses, a hat, and a small bottle of water in the summertime
• Please contact the supplier if you would like the tour to start at an alternate time, or for any other requests
Product ID: 56006