Discover Padua on foot and taste the local wines with a professional sommelier as your guide! Participate in a unique wine tour which allows you a glimpse of local life, history, culture and traditions of the region, while learning about the Veneto wines.
What to Expect
Discover the taste of Padua on this wine tasting tour of the city. On foot you’ll visit two different enoteche (wine bars), set in authentic areas of Padua. In each your personal sommelier will select two quality wines for you to taste, each paired with small Venetian appetizers, called cicchetti.
During the tour, you’ll learn about the most important aspects of Italian wine production and its role in Italian culture. Your guide will be happy to focus on any particular wine topic that interests you, including history, tasting guidelines, or quality standards.
The classic wine tasting includes 4 glasses of wine from the Tri-Veneto area (the area formerly ruled by the Venetian Republic). Examples of the quality wines you’ll taste are Prosecco and Tocai (white wines), and Refosco and Ripasso della Valpolicella (red wines).
- Wine and food
- Tasting of 4 Wines
- Visits to 2 wine bars and wine tastings in English
- Personal wine guide, Mario
What's Not Included
- Transportation and anything not expressly mentioned as included
Know Before You Go
• The selection of the wine bars (as described in the program) may vary depending on availability.
• Visits on Saturday and Sunday aren't a problem.
• We will do our best to satisfy any particular request, such as specific wine or producer or restaurant.
• These are the prices for wine tasting in Venice. Please contact us for the costs in different Veneto areas.
• There is the possibility to upgrade your wine tasting to the premium level wines. Examples of these prestigious wines are Franciacorta and Gewurtzraminer (white wines), and Brunello di Montalcino and Amarone (red wines). Again, these selections may be modified if necessary.
• If you would like to personalize your wine tour and/or wine selections to match your group’s particular interests, please contact us for personalized rates. We are more than happy to accommodate special requests in order to fine-tune your visit.