Explore Oxford through the eyes of Harry Potter and other characters from the Harry Potter movies on a 1.5-hour locations tour. Discover how student life at Hogwarts compares with an Oxford education. Test your knowledge with a Potter-mania quiz..
What to Expect
Follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and other characters from the Harry Potter movies and look inside the medieval New College, Oxford.
Admire the majestic dining hall and the bucolic gardens. Look at medieval walls and see the historic cloisters where scenes from the blockbuster movies were filmed. Go to the Divinity School in the Bodleian Library, where the hospital and dance scenes took place. Discover how life at Hogwarts compares with a modern-day Oxford education, and test your Hogwarts knowledge with a Potter-mania quiz.
Your guide will tell you about writers who studied at Oxford colleges and relate some famous literary anecdotes. Hear about college life and student traditions, and learn some of the history of the city of Oxford along the way. The guides speak various languages and most are students or graduates of Oxford, English tutors or actors and actresses.
Offered daily at 14:30 and 16:00, the tour is ideal for small groups, language schools or business organizations. The length, subject, pace and college entrances included will depend on your preferred circumstances and how long a tour you would like to take. A typical tour lasts 1.5 hours or longer, and all entrance fees are included in your ticket price.
- Entrance to 2 of the 3 film location sites
What's Not Included
- Entrance to Christchurch College is not included as the lines make it impractical to schedule a visit on this tour
- If New College is closed you will visit Christchurch College at no extra cost
- If the Divinity School is closed, a substitute entrance to another (non film) venue will be arranged
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the local tour operator does not have a shop front. Your guide will be dressed in a Hogwarts cloak and will meet you next to the "iloveoxford tours" sign immediately outside the Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15 Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3AS
• Please note that while the local operator always checks in advance and on the tour date of any possible closures of the film location sites, they cannot guarantee entrance on the day. Closures are very rare, but please understand that these are private institutions that may close their doors without advance notice
• The tour price of £32 per adult and £25 per child or student aged 6-21 includes entrance fees. Children aged 5 and under are free