Discover the varied history of Oxford Castle & Prison. Learn about its time as a religious site, a jail, and a university. Visit St. George's Tower, the crypt, the Debtors' Tower, and more with your costumed guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Oxford Castle & PrisonOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility, please visit the Access Information page on the local partner's website for more information
- The guided tour lasts approx. 50 minutes, after the tour you will be able to explore the exhibition and prison at your own leisure
- Children under 5 years of age will not be permitted access to St George’s Tower due to health and safety regulations
- Visitors unable to climb the tower may wait at the bottom with a guardian and watch the “Story of Oxford Castle” video, once the tour group returns from the Tower, you are then able to re-join your group as the tour continues