Gatineau: Canadian Museum of History Admission
- Learn about more than 15,000 years of Canada’s rich history
- Discover permanent and special exhibitions in galleries spread over four floors
- Marvel at the world’s largest indoor collection of totem poles
- Delight in an immersive cinema experience with a film at CINÉ+
- Travel the world at the Children's Museum, a fun intro to arts, culture, and history
The Museum is located five minutes from downtown Ottawa and Parliament Hill. Explore immersive galleries and learn about the outstanding achievements of First Peoples. The signature exhibition, the Canadian History Hall, reveals the events, personalities, and historical currents that have shaped Canada.
Your admission includes one film at the Museum's CINÉ+, a movie theater equipped with a giant 3-D screen and a giant dome. Enjoy an assortment of unique and enriching adventures into the heart of history and culture, lasting from 20 to 45 minutes.
Make the most of your visit with the free multilingual museum guide. Download the app prior to arrival to unlock exhibition overviews, interactive maps, images, and 360-degree virtual reality tours.
- Admission to the Canadian Museum of History
- Access to permanent galleries and special exhibitions
- Admission to the Children's Museum
- Admission to 1 CINÉ+ film
- Multilingual Museum Guide app (available for download)
- Complimentary coat check
- Food or drinks
Prepare for the activity
The Canadian Museum of History (includes the Canadian Children’s Museum), 100 Rue Laurier, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada. You can exchange your printed GYG voucher for your entry ticket(s) at the box office. The Museum is easily accessible from downtown Ottawa by foot, bicycle, public transit, Aqua-Taxi (summer) or car.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Food and drinks
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
• Parking is available on site
• Children 12 years of age and above can visit the Museum by themselves
• Children under 12 years of age need an adult escort