Take a journey of discovery through the Southern night skies to learn about its unique celestial features. Hear stories about how Maori view the night sky and relied on that knowledge to navigate the ocean and find Aotearoa, New Zealand.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Japanese
- Pickup included
- Pick up from the listed hotels.
- Lie back and enjoy an evening of storytelling and oratory that brings the Southern skies to life
- Listen to stories detailing Māori myths of creation and of how the world as we know it emerged
- Enjoy Māori hospitality with a light supper and hot beverage
- Pickup and drop-off at selected hotels in Dunedin
- Light supper
- Snacks and refreshments
- Children under 5 years
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
Know before you go
- There are no washrooms at the stargazing site. The tour runs for approximately 4 hours, please prepare accordingly.
- This is a weather dependent activity. If the tour is cancelled by the operator due to weather and the night sky is not visible, a full refund will be provided.
- Please wear flat soled, closed-toe walking shoes due to uneven surfaces at the stargazing area.