Newport Beach: Year-Round Whale Watching Cruise
From $36 per personBook now
- Take a cruise that boasts a 96 percent whale viewing success rate
- Travel on a ship built specifically for whale watching, with 2 decks
- See finback whales and grey whales in the winter and spring, and giant blue whales in the summer and fall
The Laguna Beach coastline lies just to the south of Newport Harbor and is some of Southern California’s most beautiful coast. The grey whales are commonly seen in this area. Most whale watching cruises take in the scenic backdrops of Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, and Newport Beach, while viewing the gentle giants just a few hundred yards from shore.
Due to the geography of the Orange County coastline that surrounds Newport Harbor, ocean conditions are very calm allowing whale watchers to fully enjoy the amazing viewings.
Our primary whale watching ship is 65 feet long, and has a large upstairs sundeck, wrap-around outside seating, snack bar, and indoor seating with large windows. The ship was purpose-built for viewing marine life. Plenty of other amenities guarantee a very comfortable and exciting trip. Captains and crew members are well-versed in marine biology and are incredibly knowledgeable about marine creatures, environment, and eco systems.
- Whale watching cruise (2.5 hours)
- Fees and taxes
- Binocular rentals
- Beverages purchased on board
- A USD 1-4 fuel surcharge may be in effect if marine diesel exceeds USD 3.50 per gallon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Newport Beach Whale Watching, 400 Main Street, Newport Beach CA. 92661 Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time for all whale watching excursions. (Open in Google Maps)
Children aged 2 and under may join the cruise at no charge but must be counted in your reservation. The USCG gives us maximum load limits that involve a head count. Age and size are not a factor in this count.
Product ID: 29249