Get to know an Old Delhi on this private 4-hour half-day tour. Visit ancient buildings such as Jama Masjid, an exponentially large mosque. Spend time in a local bazaar, Chandni Chowk, also known as "Silver Street", where you will ride a rickshaw.
What to Expect
Pickup from your hotel in Delhi and start your sightseeing tour of Old Delhi. Visit Jama Masjid, the country's largest mosque, built in 1656, where thousands of Muslims offer prayers. The great mosque of Old Delhi is both the largest in India and the final architectural extravagance of Shah Jahan with a courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees. Then enjoy a Rickshaw (Tricycle) ride at Chandni Chowk Bazar. More evidences of the ancient times that once existed in old Delhi can be found out by winding through the labyrinthine lanes of Chandni Chowk in a rickshaw. The pleasure associated with the rickshaw ride here is ultimate.
You then visit Raj Ghat, the place where Mahatma Gandhi, the Pioneer of Truth and Non-Violence had been cremated. The abode of eternal flame, located near the bank of Yamuna, contains the Epitaph ‘He Ram’, the last word spoken by Mahatma Gandhi after he was shot. Afterwards enjoy a lunch bnreak that will be provided at the local Restaurant. Afterwards you will be droppped at your hotel in Delhi.
- All transfer/sightseeing’s by air conditioned private vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Rickshaw ride in Chandi Chock Delhi
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Items of personal nature
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Dress code is casual
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• No recommended for participants with back problems, with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions and for pregnant women
• No wheelchair accessible
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Cancellation policy: GetYourGuide’s policy is free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour and no refund after this time