Trek to the summit craters of Mount Etna and admire the volcanic phenomena. Explore a side less frequented by tourists, discover the charm of the volcano, and enjoy a panoramic view of Sicily.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian, French
Select participants and date
Meet at the Chiosco Bar Mareneve (not the Chiosco Bar Etna Nord). This meeting point is located near the chairlift used by skiers in winter and is the second house of the four that are in the parking lot.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
- Long pants
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Waterproof shoes
- High-heeled shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude, it will be easy to accrue symptoms of fatigue)
- ・The price includes only the cost of the guide service and not the cost of the transport service that you will pay on the spot directly to your guide who will take care of the purchase of the tickets
- The decent with off-road vehicles is optional for those who want to take transportation back down please let your guide know in case you want to take the bus for the descent
- The parking ticket will be paid on the spot after the excursion
- This excursion could be subject to variations in case of changes in the environmental, climatic, or volcanic conditions
- The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause vertigo.
- The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force
- This excursion may be cancelled if the minimum number of 2 is not met