Ascend to the 86th Floor Observatory in a high-speed elevator for incredible panoramic views over New York and beyond.
What to Expect
Until you see New York from the top of the Empire State Building, you haven’t really seen the city. Soar more than a quarter of a mile into the sky for views from the Empire State Building that you'll never forget. See the sun rise over the Statue of Liberty, or the sun set over Times Square. You can even check out New York's glittering skyline at midnight; the Empire State Building observatory is open until the early hours.
The Empire State Building's 86th Floor Observation Deck has a glass-enclosed pavilion and an unforgettable open-air promenade for 360-degree views of the Big Apple. Relive cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong and Sleepless in Seattle while you're at the top!
Your entrance also includes a new multimedia experience available in 8 languages. As you travel through the building with your audio and visual companion, enjoy the newly restored Art Deco lobby and murals, explore 4 educational areas, including the historical Dare to Dream exhibit and Sustainability exhibit, and learn about the historic construction of this iconic building. The app also includes videos, image galleries, quizzes, and maps showing nearby points of interest.
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Audio guide (app download)
- Barcoded ticket - allowing you to skip the ticket line
- Free WiFi in the building
What's Not Included
- High-power binoculars are available on promenades for a minimal cost
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Open daily from 08:00 - 02:00. Last entrance at 01:15
• Peak entrance times are between 11:00 and 14:00, as well as 1 hour before and 1 hour after sunset
• Mobile vouchers are accepted
• Tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of issue of the GetYourGuide barcoded voucher
• Please note that all guests must pass through the security line to access the Observatory
• 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk
• The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant and is wheelchair-accessible. Service dogs, motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted