World Trade Center Area Tour and One World ObservatoryProduct ID: 61163
From US$65 per personBook now
- Tour the World Trade Center area with a knowledgeable local guide
- Take in sights such as the Charging Bull Statue, Trinity Church, and the New York Stock Exchange
- See the 9/11 Memorial Plaza
- Visit the One World Observatory for spectacular area views
- Get a personal radio to help block out the street noise and let you hear the guide speaking live
- Visit Brookfield Place
- Go inside the newest part of the World Trade Center just recently opened to the public
Your guide, a Brooklyn native, historian, and a former employee at the World Trade Center, will share personal stories so when your visit is done you'll have a much deeper understanding and connection to the World Trade Center and the events of 9/11.
Meet your guide at Battery Park and head up Broadway, along what New Yorkers call the Canyon of Heroes. You'll have a brief look into the history of New York City and find out how it grew into the financial capital it is today.
See the Charging Bull Statue, Trinity Church, and the New York Stock Exchange. Outside the Federal Hall National Monument, you'll stand in the shadow of George Washington taking the oath of office to become America's first president. Next you’ll come to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and Zuccotti Park, the site of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
Visit St. Paul's Chapel, which played an important role in the months following September 11th. Your guide will discuss the events of September 11th and you’ll hear some personal stories about the people connected with that day.
Your guide will explain the rebuilding of the complex anchored by One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the western hemisphere, and you'll get to see what has been completed, watch the next buildings rise before you, and hear about what's yet to come. You’ll also see other well-conceived, and sadly, often missed memorials in the area that you would probably not come across on your own.
Just before reaching the 9/11 Memorial Plaza you’ll stop at the Fireman's Memorial, a 56-foot-long bronze plaque honoring New York's finest, who made the ultimate sacrifice on that day.
Stand beside the reflecting pools at the 9/11 Memorial, as your guide explains the meaning, symbolism, and deliberate design of everything from the memorial pools to the museum building and more.
Finally, the guide will show you to the entrance of One World Observatory where the guided portion of your tour ends. Enter the high-speed sky pod elevator that will take you up 102 stories in less than a minute.
- Admission to the One World Observatory Observation Deck
- Walking tour of Lower Manhattan and the Financial District
- Live guide
- Fully-narrated tour
- Admission to the New York Stock Exchange
- Admission to the 9/11 Museum
- Admission to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Food and drinks
Netherlands Memorial Monument in Battery Park, at the flagpole just inside Battery Park at the corner of State Street and Battery Place, next to the #4 train station (Open in Google Maps)
The guided portion of the tour as described takes approximately 2.5 hours
The self-guided visit of One World Observatory takes approximately 1.5 hours depending on your pace. The guide does not enter the observatory.
Product ID: 61163