Enjoy a fun and informative walking tour that will first take you above the streets of Manhattan then off the grid. Discover NY's hottest new park, taste a delicious slice of pizza, get lost in Greenwich Village, and people-watch in Washington Square.
What to Expect
Begin near Chelsea Market, the birthplace of the OREO cookie. You'll learn about the building's interesting evolution before heading up to Manhattan’s only elevated park, the High Line, for scenic city views. You’ll learn about the High Line’s incredible transformation story and see why it has become one of NY’s top attractions.
Afterwards, explore parts of the trendy Meatpacking District and visit a popular new gourmet food vendor market called Gansevoort Market for an optional coffee and bathroom break.
Next, get lost in one of NY’s oldest and most famous historic districts — Greenwich Village, with its 19th row houses, quaint streets and neighborhoods cafes. Here, take a food break at a popular pizzeria in the Village for a delicious slice of pizza (included).
You’ll see a lot of great local bars, restaurants, and cafes along the way that many tourists would miss, and you’ll learn a lot about NYC history, culture, and the evolution of its neighborhoods.
The final stop on this tour is Washington Square in the heart of Greenwich Village. Here you’ll not only enjoy great live music and people-watching opportunities but learn about Millionaire’s Row and the Washington Memorial Arch, as well as the park’s unsavory past.
- Professional guide
- Bottle of water
- Slice of pizza
Know Before You Go
• This tour is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled once confirmed
• As a large proportion of the tour will be spent walking outside, it is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather
• Please note that all tickets must be purchased in advance, as tour space is limited
• This walking tour lasts 3-3.5 hours and covers approximately 3 miles on foot
• The tour begins in Chelsea and ends in Washington Square Park