New York: Harlem Walking Tour and Swing Dance ClassProduct ID: 59111
From US$30 per personBook now
- Learn about Harlem's rich musical heritage
- See sites associated with legendary swing dancers and Big Bands
- Perfect the basics of swing dance at a swing dance lesson
- Put on your dancing shoes to do the Lindy Hop!
Strut the streets once trampled by Frankie Manning, the Lindy Hoppers, and others. Your guide will fill you in on the rich musical history of Harlem, talking about the neighborhood as the birthplace of the Lindy Hop, and the stomping ground for famous swing musicians and dancers. Feel the energy of swing dance and the Big Bands that played the clubs!
Then, put on your dancing shoes to take part in a swing dance class. Perfect the moves with the help of a seasoned swing dance teacher. There’s no need to bring a dance partner; just your best moves!
- Walking tour
- Swing dance class (with instructor)
- Dance shoes
- Tips and gratuities
Meet in front of the Schomburg Center for Research, 515 Malcolm X Boulevard, (Lenox Avenue), at the corner of W. 135th Street. Take the Uptown No. 2 train or No. 3 subway line to 135th Street Station (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 59111