New York Harlem Jazz Tour
From $121 per personBook now
- We will hear at least 2, but more often 3 sets of live music covering a range of styles and atmosphere.
- Learn about the Harlem jazz scene on a small and intimate group so you can get a better feel of the atmosphere
- Indulge in delicious 'soul food' at the first venue you visit (optional)
- Explore the fascinating history of Harlem as you walk through its historic streets and visit its unique venues
- A great opportunity to learn about New York's music history with a knowledgeable guide who's been in the business for 16 years
- Enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity for musicians or singers from the group to join the bands and perform
Start at a central Manhattan location, and ride the subway together to uptown Harlem. Enjoy sightseeing in Harlem's historic jazz district, and learn the history of the area as you move from one club to the next.
Visit two or three neighborhood joints to indulge in great music so you can understand the variety of styles, attitudes, and atmospheres that exist in Harlem today.
Want to have dinner or sample local cuisine? No problem, dinner or appetizers can be arranged at the first club you visit. Drinks are available for purchase at each venue.
The best has been saved for last: if you're a musician or singer, you can actually perform at the clubs you visit! There's nothing more exciting for the group than to have a talented member of the audience get up on stage and jam with the band!
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and flexible guide service
- Transportation costs
- Cover charges to all clubs
- The chance to perform (if circumstances permit)
- Food and Drinks
Columbus Circle. The Jazz at Lincoln Center corner of 60th Street and Broadway. Please look for your guide just inside the revolving doors at this street level entrance, by the store PINK. Do not go to Jazz at Lincoln Center, stay inside the building by the doors.
There will be some walking, up to 10 city blocks at a time, and subway stairs are involved in this tour.
Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians not the other patrons and neighbors. Of course, friendships arise on this tour and photographs among friends are always fine.
Please note that this tour can be fitted to suit your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like and hope to learn about the Harlem scene.
Product ID: 27481