New York City: Central Park Ice Skating and Walking Tour
- Go ice skating at the iconic Wollman Rink
- Visit Central Park including Strawberry Fields and Bethesda Terrace
- View the wintery city landscape
Next, gaze upon the 2.5-acre Strawberry Fields that pay tribute to the late Beatle, John Lennon, and his vision of peace and hope for the world. You will also learn the significance of the 26-feet-high neoclassical Bethesda Fountain, also known as Angel of the Waters.
Finally, enjoy a quintessential New York City winter activity: ice skating in Central Park. Steeped in tradition, New York City ice skating dates back to 1858 with skating on the lake, and continued nearly a century later when Wollman Rink opened in 1950.
Skate by day and feel the crisp winter air and sunshine on your face, or conjure up romance with evening skating under the stars and the twinkling backdrop of city lights. Either way, the enchanting winter ambiance as you glide across the ice at Wollman Rink is an experience that should not be missed, whether you’re visiting New York City or are a long-time resident.
- Ice skate rental
- Admission to Wollman Rink
- 1-hour guided walking tour
- Audio headset
- Professional and licensed guide
- Century 21 gift card
- Food (available for purchase)
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at Central Park West and 72nd Street (south east corner). Please look for the check-in supervisor wearing a City Rambler gold logo hat or jacket. Call 646-992-4276 if you have any problem finding your tour guide.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Additional equipment such as ice walkers, helmets, or pads are not available at Wollman Rink
• Ice resurfacing is required throughout the day and takes approximately 30 minutes
• Lockers are available for rent at an additional fee
• Everyone must wait in the line to enter the rink complex - there is no skip-the-line access