New York City: Catacombs by Candlelight
- Gain access to off-limits areas with your guide
- Walk through the inside of the 150-year-old functioning Henry Erben pipe organ
- See the resting places of many high-profile Americans
See where bishops rest alongside noteworthy New Yorkers who have played defining roles in Catholic, New York, and American History. This labyrinth of vaults belongs largely to bankers, lawyers, captains of industry, merchants, political candidates, and even to a Civil War-era general. The Delmonico Family, General Thomas Eckert, and the first resident Bishop of New York are only a few of the many resting peacefully in the crypts beneath the nave of this historic landmark church.
- Complimentary tea lights
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
• Check-in is at 266 Mulberry Street (corner of Mulberry Street and Jersey Street) • Please note this tour is at the Basilica of St. Patrick's Old Cathedral and not St. Patrick's Cathedral on Fifth AvenueOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
- Video recording
• This is an active parish. All customers must be reverently respectful at all times.