See the highlights of one of New York’s Metropolitan Museum and marvel at art and antiquities from ancient civilizations. Uncover tombs from ancient Egypt and the controversial Antioch Chalice.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in the main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, by the statue of the Pharaoh on your right on enteringOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The Temple of Dendur is sometimes rented out for private events, with no advance notice provided by the museum. While usually, this occurs in the evening, closures may impact this tour. In such cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted. Even more rarely, the Metropolitan Museum may rent out select rooms for private events, in which case the same rule of substitution applies
- The tour partner complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Chicago government guidelines for the most up-to-date information.