Explore centuries of art from around the world on a small group, 3-hour guided tour of the Metropolitan Museum, with express entry. Discover art from 5 continents, including Ancient Egypt, modern-day America, such as the paintings of John Singer Sargent.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet in the main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, by the statue of the Pharaoh on your right upon entering (northern side)Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events, with no advance notice provided. While this usually occurs in the evening, closures may impact this tour. In these cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted
- The Met rooftop is closed during the winter from November to April and reopens from early May to the end of October, weather permitting
- This tour covers quite a lot of ground. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please provide your phone number, email address, and the address and phone number of the hotel in which you will be staying in New York
- This tour operates in English only
- The tour partner complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Chicago government guidelines for the most up-to-date information.