Discover the world of jazz on an unforgettable night in Harlem. Learn about the history; visit two clubs to enjoy the best of the hidden jazz scene.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Meet your guide outside Silvana Cafe. If it's cold or raining, look for your guide inside the cafe. On Mondays, meet your guide inside and downstairs at the cafe. The best way to get to Silvana: the closest and best subway is the B and C trains which stop near Silvana at 116th Street and Frederick Douglass (8th Ave).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Formal dress is not required. Dress for comfort as we'll be out in all kinds of weather as well as in hot or cold clubs.
- There will be some walking, up to 10 city blocks at a time, on this tour.
- Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians not the other patrons and neighbors. Of course, friendships arise on this tour and photographs among friends are always fine.
- Please note that this tour can be fitted to suit your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like and hope to learn about the Harlem scene.