New Orleans: St. Louis #1 Cemetery History 2-Hour Tour
- Learn why New Orleans buries its dead above ground when you visit St. Louis Cemetery #1
- Visit the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, the 2nd-most visited tomb in the U.S.
- Hear about the history of voodoo and its connections to the French Quarter
After meeting your guide at Rev. Zombies Voodoo Shop in the French Quarter, you’ll walk to the cemetery to explore curiosities and hear tales of some of the city’s personalities, such as Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, whose tomb is the 2nd-most visited burial site in America.
You’ll see the final resting place of many of New Orleans’ most notable celebrities on an excursion that is as educational as it is fun. On this tour that’s been recommended by the Travel Channel, A&E, and the History Channel, you’ll learn the history of voodoo and its connection to the French Quarter on a journey back through time.
- Tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1, New Orleans oldest active City of the Dead
- Visit to the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau (the 2nd-most visited tomb in the country)
Prepare for the activity
The tour starts at Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop, 723 St. Peter Street in the French Quarter. The shop is in the middle of the block on St. Peter, between Bourbon & Royal Streets, across from Pat O'Brien's Bar.Open in Google Maps ⟶