Enjoy this unique Louisiana Creole Heritage Site including the magnificent 1805 Main House, surrounding gardens, and the original 1840’s slave cabins.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- French, English
- French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Hear personal stories of four generations of the Louisiana Creole family
- Tour the 1805 "Maison Principale", the heart of a vast sugar plantation.
- Visit the original 1840s slave cabins where the Louisiana stories of Compair Lapin were recorded
- Discover the authentic story of the enslaved community on this Créole Plantation.
- Learn how the Laura Plantation got its name.
- Guided 75-minute tour of the buildings and gardens
- Self-guided tour of the permanent exhibit "From the Big House to the Quarters: Slavery on Laura Plantation"
- Tours in English and French
- Free parking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 12 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Selfie sticks
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Tour takes place rain or shine
- Tour requires indoor and outdoor walking
- You will climb and descend 15 steps to access the Maison Principale
- There is no elevator
- Written translations of the guided tour are available in French, Spanish, Italian & German
- Photography for personal use is allowed
- Do not take TAXI service to the plantation unless your driver will wait in the parking lot for you