Experience the magic and horror of New Orleans' complicated past. Learn how the expectations for France's new colony lived up to the reality of a colony built below sea level on swamp land in this fascinating tour of the French Quarter.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure. The meeting spot is right beside Jackson Square at PJs coffee on Chartres Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Glass objects
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Vaccination cards or negative COVID tests are required to enter some bars and restaurants in the French Quarter
- Please bring your mask for entry into restroom and for drink breaks
- Tour goes out rain or shine