Explore the protected Maurepas Swamp in comfortable modern kayaks. Delight in an authentic, educational swamp tour that leaves you with a deeper understanding of this unique ecosystem. Benefit from a small group size and an expert local naturalist guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 - 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Please wait outside on the street 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time, which is 1 hour and 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time on your voucher, at the pickup location you specified at the time of booking
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
- Spot more wildlife in kayaks, which don’t scare the wildlife away
- Explore a beautiful, quiet, and isolated swamp in a federally protected wildlife management area
- Enjoy a true ecotour which does not feed the wildlife and respects the natural environment
- Paddle slowly through narrow passageways surrounded by cypress and tupelo trees draped with Spanish moss
- Choose between single and tandem kayaks, with or without transportation from New Orleans
- Kayak tour of the Maurepas Swamp
- Expert local naturalist guide.
- Single or tandem kayak
- Life jacket
- Dry box
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in New Orleans (if option selected)
- Food and drinks
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at the address specified in your booking, off Highway 22. You will see a grass lot with a portable toilet about three properties from the end of the road on your right-hand side. Please drive slowly down this residential street, the speed limit is 15 miles/24 kilometers per hour. You can park in the grass on the right side of the shipping container.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- If you reserve the option which includes hotel pickup, your pickup will be 1 hour and 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- Ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft do not regularly service the area. You may be able to find a ride to the launch site, but you can be almost certain that you'll be stranded when you want to head back.
- In the winter, due to the cold, alligators are more likely to be seen in the afternoon if the temperature warms up.
- Tour operates rain or shine, as long as there is no lightning in the area. The local partner will let you know early on the morning of your tour if the tour needs to be canceled due to lightning.
- Be prepared for both strong sun and heavy rain — the weather can be unpredictable.